Monday, September 29, 2008

I think I was born in the wrong place.

Let me preface this entire blog with several very important points...
1.You would be hard pressed to find anyone more patriotic or more interested in our government than me!
2.I love my life and family and know that I am truly blessed.
3.I am not naive, and know that the grass is not always greener on the other side!

Okay, with that said..I wonder why I was chosen to be born in the US, in this advanced time period!?!
I would assume that many of you are still lost and have no idea what I am talking about.
It is just that I was thinking last night, and today, that so many of the things that I have...I would be just as happy without! I spend a lot of time on the phone with my friends in Belize. Our lives are SO different!! I am always talking about things that just don't translate and sound tivial and silly...I know this! The thing is, I long for the life that they speak of. Many times, when I talk to my friend, Juni, he has just come from bathing in the river. He has such interesting stories to tell of his daily life. To most of you, it would seem crazy, and undesireable...Me, I cannot seem to find true happiness here, like I do there! I really think that I could live in a remote ,in the jungle, and be happier than I ever have been here! I know, I am crazy! I look at my "Belize pictures" everyday, and everyday, I long for HOME! Life is so easy here...I think I must be totally crazy, because it isn't near as appealing to me, as the life that I hope to live as a fulltime missionary, in Belize...someday!
Maybe I will just build a hut in my back yard, until God calls us there, fulltime! :)
Hope you are all having a great Monday!
Kristi

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am so glad you are blogging. Tyler and I would really like to go to Belize next year. Brayden really misses hanging out with you guys. We will see you Wednesday! Have a good week!