Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I Know That God is Still on the Throne!

I am just claiming that fact today. I am holding tight to that to that truth. Satan is attacking my family from all sides, but God is and always will be bigger than he is! I was about to blog about something entirely different...I will get to that later today...and then I called to check in on my mom and sister during Carri's dr.'s appt. She was getting her blood checked, and due to the fact that she knows the signs now, she had a feeling that it wouldn't be normal. Well, she does know he body well. Mom just answered the phone, while juggling Layton who was getting tired of waiting for Mommy...Carri's blood is WAY too thin...it should be between a 1 and a 2(as most of you know, b/c you follow the ups and downs on her blog...and will likely hear this on hers later :)) IT IS AT AN 8! That is VERY dangerous. Many of you probably don't realize how little she actually makes out of all of her health issues combined, but she is a pretty sick girl. She is at risk of some pretty major things and talks about her blood levels like we would talk about what we would have for dinner! God has given her a lot of peace and has taught her to trust in Him, despite all human logic! She has come a LONG way in a very short time and I am SO PROUD of my baby sister! Anyhow, they remain at the doctor's office waiting to hear what the next move should be. Mom said that they are considering putting her in the hospital over night. There is a huge risk of bleeding internally with blood that thin. They checked her urine and there is some blood in it...which isn't good!!! Then there is the matter of getting it thicker, without causing it to get too thick and causing a stroke...it is very tricky. I am not saying anything that Carri isn't aware of...She doesn't talk about it, but there are some serious risks, with all of this. It is scary and I think it is important that her friends, and sisters in Christ, know the gravity of the situation. God has been so faithful to manage all of this, so far...So please pray that He will continue to keep her healthy-ish despite all that could happen to one with her many conditions! She actually doesn't share nearly all that must weigh on her mind...neither of us do...Thank you God for giving us eachother!
That only covers one of the MANY attacks that we have been under...BUT, one is enough! God is STILL in control and still on the throne...And in the famous words of the VeggieTales..."God is Bigger the the Boogie Man" :) That gives me comfort, too! Well, it makes me smile! And, He still continues to throw in those unexpected blessings, just to let me know that He is still there...That really makes me smile and strengthens me, daily!!

3 comments:

Keri said...

God will have victory over your family. Spiritually and physically! Love you sister!

Andy said...

YIKES! Thanks for letting me know about this, and I will definitely lift her up today, more than ever. Read my other blog--Something Heavenly--just for fun, so you can see what God is doing. Miracles, sista...miracles!! :)

Amanda said...

I love Carri like my own sister. I have and will continue to lift her up in prayer. I know this is a tough time for their family and we are here to fully support them. See ya soon!