Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I've been Tagged!

I have been TAGGED...What fun~I haven't played tag for months!! (I know, most of you thought I was going to say that I haven't played tag for years...I have boys...you'd be surprised at all of the goofy games we play!!)
So, my sister tagged me and shared some FUNNY stuff about herself. Now it is my turn to share "little known", fun facts about Yours Truly!!
Here are the rules...
1.Link your tagger. Post the rules.
2.Share 7 facts about yourself (the more random and stranger, the better!)
3. Tag 7 friends...if you have 7 friends! :)
4. Leave a comment letting then know that they've been "tagged"! (I have no clue who I am tagging b/c all of my bloggin' buddies have been tagged!)

Here Goes....
1. Like my sister...I have a very irrational fear of birds! I can't begin to tell you how creepy i find them! There isn't anything more repulsive to me than a HUGE flock of birds! If I am outside and a tree is totally full of birds, I have a bit of a panic attack and throw up in my mouth a little!
2.I wanted desperately to be a boy until I was about 10 years old! I was SUCH a tomboy and had very little use for girls. I had 2 good girl friends, but we had NOTHING in common! I was the only girl on my tee ball team when I was 5. I had boy hair, by choice...so the other parents and coaches would yell, "GET HIM..GET HIM.." when I would run bases! I loved it, but my mom must not have, because she made me start wearing pink high tops when I played! HATED THOSE STUPID SHOES!!
3.I am somewhat obsessed with AMERICAN IDOL! I love to sing and am fascinated by watching those who are far more talented than I am! I don't like the early ones...the tryouts kill me! There is no way that those people think that they are really good enough to make records! SO ANNOYING!! I love the shows from top 24 on! This season I am totally blown away by Carly Smithson and David Cook!
4. I am still friends with my first boyfriend...His name is Tony Armstrong and he still lives in Houston! I had my first kiss with him, as well as, my first broken heart! We were close friends, even when we weren't "going together" but I had a crush on him until I was a senior in high school...We were together in junior high, and still found ourselves together on and off until high school began! Now, we are fiends and still talk a couple of times a year! I pray, often, that he will find someone to marry (he is still single at 32) that will make him as happy as Jason makes me!
5. I LOVE TO FISH!! I hate to eat fish...I mean HATE!! I don't eat any kind of seafood, but love, love, love to fish!! I am still a bit of a tomboy, I suppose! Give me camping and fishing over shopping ANY DAY!!
6.I really want to live in Belize, full time, someday! I pray that my new job will be the door to a future in full time missions! I loved the poor little village that we worked in last summer! I loved being there and needing nothing! I really loved the simplicity of their lives and the genuine joy that I saw in them! I long for a life that is simple and only about sharing God's word~
7. I married my best friend who proposed to me on our first "real" date! CRAZY!! Jason and i had never been on a date until the night that he asked me to marry him! We had worked together and become the best of friends! I had been helping him plan dates for other girls...secretly jealous, of course! Our first real kiss came after we were engaged! Crazy, huh! All of our co-workers thought that we were INSANE and placed bets on how soon we would divorce! HA HA...they ALL lost! Nobody gave us more than a year or two! We will have been married for 11 years on July 26 of this year!!

1 comment:

John said...

Loved this post!! Too funny about you and Jason--I never woulda guessed! :)