Thursday, April 17, 2008

Melissa,Michele,Martha,and Me!

Well I have come to the conclusion that when God was handing out those neat "crafty" talents", I must have been in line for the bathroom! I stayed home from church last night with two very painful ear infections...it wasn't so much my ears, but the dizziness and nausea associated with them, that kept me home...So that was really irrelevant...My friend Melissa had been working on a baby gift for Justin and Kristal Hodges new baby girl, Jordyn...She FINISHED!! I LOVE IT!! She made a Texas Tech diaper bag for Justin, with Jordyn's name on it, and 6 beautiful burp clothes that are all monogrammed! I am SO impressed!! Not only am I impressed, but a bit jealous! Any time I go thinkin' that I am crafty, I end up with a crooked scarf (really, it happened) or ugly jewelry! And for any of you who haven't seen my nephew, Layton's bedding...ADORABLE! Our friend, Michele, made it! Really, Martha Stewart has nothing on these girls! So, as I sit here admiring their talents and being SO grateful that MY friends are SO willing to help the talentless, I am saddened, once again by my crooked, sad, ugly, scarf...BUT, I am thinking that I am going to try knitting, once again! I REALLY want to be crafty! Oh...and did I mention that Michele's daughter, Maci, (who was 14 or 15 at the time) was the one who was patient enough to teach me to knit, in the 1st place! I am pretty pitiful, indeed!

(Thank you Melissa...I will pay you Sunday...I LOVE both, the BAG and BURP CLOTHES! AMAZING!!!!)
Blessings!
Kris

5 comments:

Carri said...

Hey sister don't feel bad, I am missing the crafty gene myself! I get a little jealous everytime I walk into Laytons room! I am thankful that God put crafty people around me, NOT YOU!!!!:)

Keri said...

Kristi you are so funny girl! :) I love the stuff that Melissa made... just gorgeous!

John said...

Awww, thank you Kristi! You make me feel so special--when really, all it is about is a fun embroidery machine that God blessed me with! I'm glad you liked everything, and if you need anything in the future, just let me know! By the way, Layton's bedding is WAY COOL!!! Michele rocks, doesn't she?!?

Carri said...

Hey you lazy bum, what happened to the nightly postings??? You might not be crafty but I know you can type! Ilove you :)

Carri said...

ok WHERE is the NEW post...it has been forever! I know you have something you could post about, like your trip or your very cute boys!! I am really about to give up on you! I LOVE YOU!!! (in case anyone is wondering I am her way younger, much cooler sister)