Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Old Buddy Isaiah Introduced Us...

I was reading tonight, and was really moved by what I read. Like so many times before, I was reading something that I had read SO many other times...yet affected in a whole new way!! Isaiah knew exactly how precious my Jesus would be to me. He was a prophet, as you all know, and he was telling the world how amazing our Savior would be, in Isaiah 9. At the end of verse 6, he says this...
"And he will be called Wonderful,* Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
(In some translations they combine wonderful counselor, but it appears to be two seperate names...Wonderful and Counselor)
We have all read and heard this a million times...it is often printed on Christmas cards. But, as I read it this time, it meant more than ever before. This prophet told the world that Christ would be all these things to us... more specifically, to me. When He said this stuff, Christ was still dwelling in Heaven with God, the Father, at that time. It would be quite sometime before he would be born as a human baby, live as a man, heal the sick, raise men from the dead, show compassion to the woman at the well, dine with tax collectors and prostitutes, love the unloveable, die a cruel..criminal's death, be raised from the dead, and ascend back into the presence of our Father! (Oh, He did SO much more...I didn't even get started!)But...Isaiah knew who was to come, and he was telling us what Christ was going to be in our own lives!! How COOL!! Even COOLER, I can Look at my life and see when Christ has been each one of these things for me...when I have called Him by these names that Isaiah called Him, so long ago...That gives me chills! So, I thought I would share one of the many examples that I came up with for each...I am sure that I could go on forever(but, don't worry, I won't)...He has made Himself available to me, has persued me relentlessly, and has been much more than I could ever ask or imagine!

WONDERFUL- Most recently, a walk through the jungle/rainforest in Belize. He showed me just how WONDERFUL He was and always will be, by the beauty and majesty in nature. The beauty that I experienced shouted praises and adoration for its WONDERFUL creator!

COUNSELOR- I was such a wounded soul when I married Jason. (I was the girl that the song"Beautiful Disaster" was written about, I am sure of it...) Christ healed so many wounds. He taught me how to love and be loved. He was my Counselor. I was healed by His word and the ministry of His spirit, directly to mine! He taught me, throughout many years, to surrender all of my burdens to Him, and how to rely on Him as new cares arose.

MIGHTY GOD-I have seen Him work in so many MIGHTY ways...to pick one example is hard! In August, I saw Him work in such Mighty ways through two very different ministry teams, in two very different parts of Belize. I saw Him break down walls that Satan had well fortified! I saw him change the heart of a man who HATED white people...truly, right before my eyes...during a conversation between him and myself...I hear that he is still doing well, too! That kind of change only happens through the power of a MIGHTY GOD!

EVERLASTING FATHER-He is the Father to the Fatherless. I claimed that for years, when I felt very far from my own daddy...actually I feared my dad. I needed a father and God was always there. Now, I am blessed to know MANY kids who live in a Children's Home/Orphanage...I have gotten to sit and hear the testimonies of many of those precious kids. Their ages range from teeny-tiny to 18 and "aging out"...These kiddos know the need for an EVERLASTING FATHER...You know what else, most of them know that they have one, and cling to Him for dear life! I have been reminded of just how precious my relationship with that Father is. I thank God for putting such great examples, of faith, in my life!

PRINCE OF PEACE- Every Single Day!! That is when He shows Himself to be my Prince of Peace. I couldn't possibly travel to Belize, to serve Him and to do what I love to do...leaving my husband and babies behind...without clinging to my Prince of Peace. In this crazy time when my health, and the health of so many that I love, has been under attack, He has been whispering words of PEACE in my ear. He is constantly calming my Spirit and giving me peace in the midst of total chaos!

How cool is that, My bud, Isaiah, knew just how precious my Jesus would be to me! I love that...That is some serious prophecy!
Blessings!
Kris

1 comment: